Martin Tanner will be our speaker this Friday
It is always a treat when Martin Tanner presents some of his NDE research. Martin and others who have studied NDEs have noticed some points of controversy among experiencers and researchers. In order to reconcile these points of view, Martin Tanner and Dr. Melvin Morse are preparing an article for publication in the Journal of Near-death Studies regarding facets of NDEs that have caused these controversies. Below is a sampling of topics Martin researched where there is a lack of consensus among NDErs and researchers
1. Do NDE’s suggest there will be a resurrection, or is everyone reincarnated, or is there some other answer?
2. Do NDE’s suggest God is pure light, a spirit, a person, or something else?
3. Do NDE’s suggest that organized religion is good, bad or is there another answer?
4. Do NDE’s suggest everything that happens is part of a perfect plan, or should we seek good and reject evil, or is there another answer?
5. How do we reconcile other apparent contradictions in NDE’s?
Come prepared with your questions and opinions. Unlike most presentations, there will be short Q&A periods after each major topic during the presentation.
The September 27th IANDS meeting will begin at 7PM in the Salt Lake County Commission hearing room in the north building of the County Government Center located at 2001 South State, SLC. We meet the fourth Friday of each month except December. Bring a friend as meetings are free of charge.
To listen to recordings of past talks and to keep up on the latest news, visit our web archives at http://IANDSUtah.org